Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
• 4-5lbs pork shoulder or butt
• 1 can of Shiner Bock (chicken or beef broth optional)
• 1 TBSP of garlic powder
• ½ TBSP of smoked paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Coat pork with spices and place in slow cooker.
2. Pour beer over pork until mostly covered.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6.
Note: I usually pair this with a macaroni salad you can find here. I’ll also add a green veggie like broccoli or asparagus!
Leftover Option #1
Pulled Pork Nachos
• 1 bag of Siete tortilla chips
• 2 cups pulled pork
• 1 14.5 oz can black beans
• 1 8.5 oz can of corn
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• Optional toppings: jalapeños, sour cream, salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Arrange tortilla chips in one layer on a baking sheet.
4. Layer pulled pork, black beans, corn, bell pepper and cheese and spread evenly over tortilla chips.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chips are lightly toasted.
6. Add any other toppings of choice and enjoy!
Leftover Option #2
Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
• 4 sweet potatoes
• 2 cups of pulled pork
• ½ cup favorite bbq sauce
1. Poke holes all over sweet potatoes and rub with olive oil.
2. Place potatoes in air fryer at 370 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
3. Mix bbq sauce and pork together in a small bowl.
4. Slice sweet potato open and stuff with about a ½ cup of pulled pork.
Note: I usually serve these sweet potatoes with a kale side salad you can find here