“I have fallen MADLY in love with the coconut sticky rice in this recipe. Highly recommend you try it!”
Meghan Tynes is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and owner of Tynes Wellness.
● 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
● 1 teaspoon maple syrup
● 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
● 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
● 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
● 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
● 1 large English cucumber, finely diced
● 1⁄3 cup of shredded carrots (I dice these into smaller pieces)
● 3 tablespoons minced red onion
● 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
● 1 pound chicken cutlets
● 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
● 1 large egg, lightly beaten
● 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
● 1 teaspoon Japanese furikake seasoning
● 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
● Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
● olive oil spray
● 4 teaspoons reduced coconut aminos
Coconut Sticky Rice
● 1 1⁄2 cups sushi rice
● 1 14oz can coconut milk
● 1 cup water
● 1 tablespoon sugar
● Pinch of salt
Cucumber Relish and Chicken
1. Preheat air fryer at 375-380 for 3-4 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and salt.
Add cucumber, carrots, onion and sesame seeds and stir. Set aside to allow flavors to
3. Season chicken cutlets with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place flour on a shallow plate
and egg in a medium bowl. Place panko, furikake, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and pepper on another shallow plate. Dredge each cutlet lightly in flour, then egg (shaking off excess), then panko mixture. Place in air fryer. Spray cutlets lightly with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through.
4. Top each cutlet with about 1/2 cup relish, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sriracha (if desired). Serve.
● You can also bake the cutlets in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Coconut Sticky Rice
1. Combine sushi rice, coconut milk, water, sugar and salt in small pot.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to lowest heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Remove pot from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Fluff and serve!