This is a guest post contributed by Mendy Beatty of Mendy Beatty Conscious Coaching.
Let’s face it. 2020 has been a TOUGH year for moms everywhere! No matter what your situation, you’ve probably had to deal with more than you’d like to handle. Juggling kids in online school, managing the emotional ups and downs of your whole family, taking care of your own mental, emotional and physical health, and trying to get some actual work done… that’s enough to make anyone bonkers! Add to this the chaos of the election year and the constant chatter of the 24-hour news cycle, and chances are, you’re over the top with feelings of exhaustion and depletion. You are not alone!
You probably know this deep down, but there’s actually nothing more important than managing your own energy during this time. Whether we like it or not, as moms, we set the tone for the energy of our whole household. Changing our energy can have profound effects on our lives and our relationships, and it’s not as hard as you think. Here are a few easy steps that have the power to transform you.
- Become aware The first step of changing anything is awareness. The energy we emit is the energy we get back, so we must become aware of our actions and our tone, as well as our underlying thoughts and emotions.
- Feel your emotions Avoiding our feelings is not healthy or helpful. Feeling them allows us to move through them instead of getting stuck and reacting unconsciously to them. This is not as scary as it sounds!
- Take care of yourself Even a few minutes a day of nurturing yourself can make a world of difference in your life.
- Savor the beauty in your life No matter how much chaos surrounds you, there is an infinite amount of beauty just waiting to be noticed. Look around and witness it.
- Practice gratitude Feeling grateful is one of the quickest and easiest ways to raise our vibration, and it can shift our lives in magical ways.
These steps may sound simple (they are!), but they offer the possibility of profound changes in your family life and in your experience as a mom. To help you put these into practice, I’ve created a new 7-day journey, Finding Your Superpower. It’s a FREE offer, for moms who want to:
- discover their inner Yoda
- create harmony & connection with their loved ones
- experience more peace, love and joy
For 7 days, you will be guided to take simple actions (15 minutes or less!) to become aware of yourself and begin to fill yourself up with vibrant energy & abundant love that will overflow into all your relationships.
Let’s close out this year with some practices that bring us back to center and remind us that no matter what is going on in the external world, it’s always worthwhile to show up for ourselves. Filling ourselves up gives us the power to be more loving and compassionate with our kids and with everyone in our world.
Love and light,